Wednesday, December 30, 2009

A Look at 2009

It seems like it’s the time of year when we look back at what was accomplished, or not accomplished. This time of year and birthdays…

As usual, it was mixed, but overall not bad. Let’s get the bad stuff out of the way. The stock market did OK, but I’m still way “behind” where I thought I would be at this time in my life. However, I’m still quite fortunate. I lost my brother in law Dave this year. The Packers and the Bears won decisively this weekend and I know we would have discussed that. I miss him.

On the good side, my web business had some success. I have paying clients. I have performed well in the local search arena – my clients can be found on Google and Yahoo using the search criteria that we agreed was appropriate. The sites are functional and attractive. I have so much to learn still – and it wouldn’t hurt to get a better feel for graphic design and color matching.

I wrote some fiction this year – the first since college. I even wrote a poem – perhaps I’ll post it here. I was berating myself for not writing enough this year. I wanted to write a piece per week on my blog. I guess I wasn’t paying attention – this will be post 49 for this year (not counting the posts I ghostwrite for other people’s blogs), so I only missed three weeks. I guess I’m allowed 3 weeks of vacation at my age.

Despite the economic turndown, we had nice vacations (Tahoe, Florida, my RV trip…) and got home improvements accomplished.

Overall, not a bad year. Back to doom and gloom in the new year.

No comments: