Wednesday, May 20, 2009

What are Memory Bears?


I helped a lady with her website yesterday. She makes memory bears. At first, I thought it was a little creepy, but now I see it's not really creepy at all. The teddy bears wear clothing that used to belong to someone who passed away. Sometimes the clothing is ratty, worn - but that probably doesn't matter to the bear owner. I was told sometimes the clothing still smells like the loved one. People get through grief in different ways. And if this works for folks - why not? It is sort of like a memorial to someone lost, and that's not a bad thing at all. She also makes personalized teddy bears to promote or commemorate an event - it's not all about grieving. So, what I initially thought might be a little creepy turns out to be a sweet thing, a good thing. Check out her site at: http://www.hadibears.com/.

No comments: