Monday, April 28, 2008

Sickness in Austria (this time)

Not that I required any further evidence, but this latest story of the 73 year old man in Austria convinces me that people should have to obtain a license before having kids. The guy kept his daughter locked in a secret room for 24 years and fathered 7 children with her! How did he keep this a secret from his wife, living in the same home, for 24 years? Surely she had to suspect something was odd about his "secret" room.

I wonder about the supposed maternal or paternal instinct when I read stories like this. When I read about families in Thailand that sell their daughters to pimps I was just amazed. There are plenty of additional stories right here in the Chicago area too. I guess "family values" means different things to different folks.

No comments: